|May 22, 2020|
|← Prev||Next →|
|Category • All patches|
- 1 Attack Drones
- 2 Firing Range Scenario Editor
- 3 Ally Aim Visibility
- 4 X3 Damage Buff
- 5 Mission Thumbnails
- 6 Vortex Mode
- 7 Star Badges
- 8 Bonus Campaign Mission Set
- 9 New Items: Overcharge & Fortify
- 10 Items in the Gear Shop
- 11 Challenge: Autonomous Combat
- 12 Weapon: Drone
- 13 Weapon: Permaroller
- 14 Weapon Tiers: Paprika and Cayenne
- 15 Weapon Tier: Construction
- 16 Player Tag Visual Upgrade
- 17 Item Tooltip
- 18 Obstacles Game Option
- 19 Visual and Audio Upgrade for Crits
- 20 Obstacle Adjustments
- 21 Laser Sight Gun
- 22 Shielded Track
- 23 Pidgeonholes Map
- 24 Mission Item Indicator
- 25 'Beat Machine' Victory Tune
- 26 Game Mode XP Multipliers
- 27 Weapon Shield Effects
- 28 Audio Enhancements
- 29 Many More Improvements
- 30 Thanks
- 31 Bugs fixed since v1.0 launch
1.0 was released on May 22, 2020.
Attack Drones[edit | edit source]
Attack drones will occasionally scatter throughout the sky, prepared for battle. Hit one with a shot and it'll join forces with your team and attack your enemies! Drones last one turn and fly away when they've completed their assault.
Firing Range Scenario Editor[edit | edit source]
A fully featured Scenario Editor has been added to the Firing Range. Modify the map, add obstacles and enemies, and then test your creation! Useful for practicing unique setups, testing the limits of weapons, or just messing around! Enter the Scenario Editor by pressing the "Edit" button in the top left corner of the Firing Range.
Ally Aim Visibility[edit | edit source]
Teammate aim details are now fully visible, unlocking an entirely new level of strategy! Plan out your shots based on your environment and teammate's decisions. Pair it with teammate weapon visibility for the ultimate tactical advantage. Teammate aim details are even visible after your tank has been destroyed.
X3 Damage Buff[edit | edit source]
Supercharge your projectile with this rare multiplier causing 3 times the damage. Make sure to grab it before your opponents do- the extra damage is valuable! X3 buffs are considerably smaller and more difficult to hit than X2s.
Mission Thumbnails[edit | edit source]
The mission set list got a visual overhaul and now displays a previews of the mission. Tank positions, bumpers, buffs, and portals included.
Vortex Mode[edit | edit source]
In Vortex Mode, all shots must first pass through a portal before dealing damage to an enemy. It's similar to rebound, but with an inter-dimensional twist. Portals are continually rotating out, so you'll have to discover and remember which portals match up!
Star Badges[edit | edit source]
When 100 levels just isn't enough, dedicated players can now unlock star badges at various XP points. Some badges are accompanied by in-game rewards. Star Badges are shown in the multiplayer lobby for all to see.
Bonus Campaign Mission Set[edit | edit source]
We've added a new campaign bonus set with 10 tough new missions leveraging updated game mechanics. New missions range from flushing out protected enemies with 22 attack drones to hunting down foes with nothing but a dagger. Complete the entire set for a reward. Good luck!
New Items: Overcharge & Fortify[edit | edit source]
Two new items, Overcharge, and Fortify, open up unexplored tactical avenues. Unlimited uses add an element risk and reward.
Overcharge[edit | edit source]
Instead of firing your weapon, use Overcharge to boost the damage of your next shot. Overcharge can be used an unlimited number of times, but the effects will not be stacked. Overcharge is useful if you don't currently have a great shot, or want to make that Sniper in your arsenal really count next turn.
Overcharge Damage Boost: 25%
Fortify[edit | edit source]
Use Fortify to hunker down and take less damage next turn. Similar to Overcharge, it takes the place of firing your weapon. Fortify can also be used an unlimited number of times, but the effects will not be stacked. Balance the utility of increased defense with Fortify, or increased damage with Overcharge to decide which to use.
Fortify Damage Reduction: 25%
Items in the Gear Shop[edit | edit source]
We've received many requests to allow the purchase of items with gears in the Gear Shop, and it's finally a possibility! Stock up on supplies with your spare gears. Keep in mind, shield effects have changed (more details later in the post.)
Challenge: Autonomous Combat[edit | edit source]
Destroy 5 tanks with an attack drone.
Reward: Drone Weapon + 500xp
Weapon: Drone[edit | edit source]
Fire an autonomous attack drone into the play arena. The drone will lock on to an enemy and fire at the target.
Weapon Level 1: Drone
Weapon Level 2: Heavy Drone
Unlock Criteria: Complete "Autonomous Combat" Challenge
Weapon: Permaroller[edit | edit source]
Similar to a standard Roller, but with a significant difference: The Permaroller won't automatically explode on enemy contact. This means you'll have to land the projectile a good distance in front of your target for a perfectly timed explosion. With the added difficulty comes increased damage- Permaroller packs a punch.
Tier 1: Permaroller
Tier 2: Heavy Permaroller
Unlock Criteria: Purchase Permaroller in the Gear Shop
Weapon Tiers: Paprika and Cayenne[edit | edit source]
The [not so] beloved Salt and Pepper weapon gets a couple spicy new additions.
Tier 1: Pepper
Tier 2: Salt and Pepper
Tier 3: Paprika
Tier 4: Cayenne
Weapon Tier: Construction[edit | edit source]
By popular demand, Builder now joins it's big brother, Digger, with a third tier. Similar to Excavation, Construction fires plenty of projectiles working together to construct a mountain of terrain.
Tier 1: Builder
Tier 2: MegaBuilder
Tier 3: Construction
Player Tag Visual Upgrade[edit | edit source]
Player names have received a subtle visual upgrade. The color gradient indicates whether the player is an ally or enemy.
Item Tooltip[edit | edit source]
Hovering over an item with your mouse now displays a concise item tooltip describing the item's effects. Mostly helpful for beginning players learning the game, but also useful to remind players the effects of the two new items, Overcharge and Fortify.
Obstacles Game Option[edit | edit source]
The frequency of obstacles (Bumpers, Portals, Black Holes, etc.) is now controlled by a pre-game option. Ramp them up for varied gameplay, or disable them completely to keep things pure.
Visual and Audio Upgrade for Crits[edit | edit source]
Critical Hits look much more pleasing now, and are marked by a distinct new sound effect. Doing major damage has never felt sweeter.
Obstacle Adjustments[edit | edit source]
Obstacles like Bumpers, Portals, Black Holes, and Attack Drones now have a chance to span multiple turns. This means if you don't grab that "x2" buff, your opponent just might!
Laser Sight Gun[edit | edit source]
Trick out and soup up your gun with a stylish Laser Sight upgrade.
Unlock Criteria: Three Star Badge (★★★)
Shielded Track[edit | edit source]
Always protect your tank's valuable treads and inner workings. It's easy with the Shielded Track.
Unlock Criteria: Purchase Shielded Track in the Gear Shop
Pidgeonholes Map[edit | edit source]
Each tank get's it's own protected bunker. Watch out for grenades!
Unlock Criteria: Complete the Bonus Missions
Mission Item Indicator[edit | edit source]
A seemingly insignificant addition, but will make a huge difference when you think a mission is impossible only to discover you've had items the whole time. Also helpful to beginning players.
'Beat Machine' Victory Tune[edit | edit source]
Feel the beat... and force everyone else to as well.
Unlock Criteria: One Star Badge (★)
Game Mode XP Multipliers[edit | edit source]
We've updated some Game Mode XP Multiplier values, boosting some lesser played modes, and evening out total XP earned. No multipliers have been reduced! Here are the new values:
|Game Mode||XP Multiplier|
Weapon Shield Effects[edit | edit source]
Select weapons can now effectively penetrate shields. Some of these include:
- Battering Ram
- Dead Riser
- Drill Bits
- Pistol/SMG/Rifle varieties
- Throwing Star
- Tunnel Strike
Audio Enhancements[edit | edit source]
Two brand new tracks have been added to the score, bringing the game to 10 unique pieces. Explosion sounds have been revamped with more variety and more powerful sounding blasts. There's a new confirmation sound when you lock in your shot. Several other small additions.
Many More Improvements[edit | edit source]
The list goes on and on, but here are some notable ones:
- No more Attractoids in Rebound Mode :)
- The scroll wheel now works in the server list, the campaign mission list as well as a few hub screens that didn't work before
- Movement is now preemptively streamed, causing much less latency. No more watching enemies move at the last second past the move timer.
- The Level Field Mod now has an XP multiplier of 0.9x (previously 0.5x)
- Fixed a bug where buffs in missions would be of a random size
- Adjusted Weapon XP required to upgrade the 'Counter' weapon family
- Fixed visual glitch when the XP Indicator spawns
- Player Levels are now visible in Tournaments
- Fixed bug where the Tank upgrade bar would go past the edge on the Tank Upgrade screen
- Fixed Shoccer glitch, where some weapons would affect the score improperly
- Item buttons now grey-out when you have 0
- Mac OSX Catalina users will no longer receive a warning regarding 64-bit support
- Optimized textures for better performance and fidelity
- Upgraded Unity engine to latest stable version for stability and performance improvements
- Fixed bug where crates would contain points in modes that didn't support points
- Fixed bug where the gamepad D-Pad would affect your aim while choosing a weapon
- Fixed bug where a player could use an item without any effect when in 'Shoot-Only' mode
- The Shadow weapon is now correctly invisible (except for the shadow)
- Several missions have been balanced (Looking at you, Fiesta Forever)
- Several weapons have been adjusted (including Botherer, Breaker Mania, and Acid Rain)
- Fixed bug where Solar Flare could bounce endlessly between side-bumpers
- Some explosions and effects received a visual upgrade/tuning
Thanks[edit | edit source]
I want to thank all of you so much for supporting ShellShock Live for so long, some of you even from the Flash days. It's a dream come true to be able to work on a game I love for a living, and I'm both excited and proud to have reached Version 1.0. I watched the old Steam Greenlight trailer for SSL recently, and it's almost comical how far things have come. Contrast that to the New v1.0 Trailer released today- crazy.
Bugs fixed since v1.0 launch[edit | edit source]
- Screen shaking wildly for some players
- Rebound and Vortex had improperly reduced xp multipliers
- New items could be locked in in singleplayer missions, causing a freeze
- Fixed tank movement stuttering bug